15 April 2012

A Fork in the Road for Packetlogger

As I'm going to be busy at my day job for the foreseeable future, I won't be commercializing my packetlogger code. For that reason I've decided to fork the current packetlogger code and publish almost all of it under the GPL as well.

Update 17/04/2012: This now includes the necessary program to interface with the Actisense NGT-1. It does not yet contain the CANusb interface program until I find my CANusb again and have the capability to test it again!

This is now available over at http://github.com/canboat/canboat. The open source version will use the CANBoat moniker that I came up with a few years ago.

I look forward to cooperating with the people that have asked me for an open source version the last couple of years.

1 comment:

  1. Kees: Thanks for open sourcing your NMEA 2000 software and data descriptions. I think this is a really positive step for the boating community. You have already made a great contribution which just got even greater. Thanks, Andrew

    ReplyDelete